Week 4: Make it Global

In Week 4 of the Student Blogging Challenge, we write about whats going around the world. I chose to do mine on the African children that are dying each year.  Here are facts I found on this site, Survive to Fire. There are 7.6 million kids under five years old that die each year. The African Children suffer from malnutrition, pneumonia, malaria, and many other reasons. Every four seconds a child dies. There was a baby named Moses who’s mother died after giving birth to him and he soon died. Moses died from diarrhea, lack of clean water, and medical help.

Survive to Fire helps the African children by donating money, helping, and sponsoring. The money they raise helps the children with health care, clean water, food, and prevention of malaria. They also have gifts to sell which goes to help African children.

There are many ways you can help to make a difference. You can donating money, pray for them, or sponsor a kid. Every thing donated helps a child in need. There’s a video to watch below.  After reading about the African Children would you want to help?

Picture sources: Survive to Fire

5 thoughts on “Week 4: Make it Global

1. Pingback: Visit these – week 4 : Challenge Yourself to Blog

2. Hello Hannah,
    My name is Magan Crum and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. While reading your blog post, I found it touching that a child your age unselfishly thought about others. I see many children these days in America focused on what they want instead of putting others first. When I was around your age I thought only about Magan not knowing what was going on around the world. As I got older I took part in organizations that focused on helping others in need which changed my view. As a young adult I hope to start a group of my own that will teach kids about giving back at a younger age. While watching television I have come across many infomercials about the children in Africa struggling to survive. Some of them show such gruesome pictures that make me cry. I hope you will continue to think about others and ways to make a difference. Do you know ways I can get young people like yourself to help the African children? Are you in an organization that helps others? I will be commenting on your blog for the next 3 weeks. I look forward to reading your future post. Keep up the great work.

• Hi Magan,

Thanks for reading my blog! You can get young children to participate maybe by telling them the things going on around the world. I am not in an organization but my family donates money to help the African children.

Hannah